ORANGE, Calif. - The Orange County Taxpayers Association (OCTax) has released the list of finalists for its fourth annual "Roses, Radishes and the Royalty Awards" dinner to be held on September 4th at the Island Hotel in Newport Beach at 5:30 p.m.
Three sets of awards are presented at the event:
- Rose Awards to those individuals or organizations that have been friends to taxpayers in the previous year
- Radish Awards to those individuals or organizations that have not been friends to the taxpayers in the previous year
- The Royalty Award to an individual or organization singled out as establishing a legacy of service to the taxpayers
OCTax is releasing the finalists for the Rose Awards. From this list, the Rose Award recipients will be selected:
- Anaheim/OC Visitor & Convention Bureau & the OC Visitors Association
- Anaheim Transportation Network
- Capistrano Unified School District
- City of Costa Mesa Pension Oversight Committee
- City of Newport Beach Outsourcing of Trash Collection
- Huntington Beach Councilman Joe Carchio
- Municipal Water District of Orange County
- Newport Beach Councilwoman Leslie Daigle
- Orange County Transportation Authority
- State Senator Lou Correa
This year, OCTax will be honoring the Orange County Automobile Dealers Association with the Royalty Award.
Finalists for the Radish Awards will be announced at the dinner and include community groups, cities and individuals.
All award recipients will be announced at the Thursday, September 4th dinner. Nearly 250 guests are expected to attend. For information on sponsorships or to purchase tickets, visit www.octax.org.
The Orange County Taxpayers Association (OCTax) is the taxpayers' advocate on many public policy issues in Orange County. OCTax's mission is to support tax-supported programs that are fair, understandable, cost-effective and good for the economy and oppose those that are not. OCTax was co-founded in 1986 by Reed Royalty, who still serves as its President Emeritus.