What’s New in The OC
The OC is a growing destination with new places to see, stay and play opening almost daily. Here are a few highlights for what travelers will be able to experience this autumn and in 2016:
GETTING THERE AND AROUND
New Direct Flights with Southwest Airlines: Southwest Airlines added new routes into John Wayne Airport Orange County (SNA). On June 1, Southwest began offering new nonstop service to JWA from Austin (AUS), Chicago (MDW) and Seattle (SEA). Additionally, on Aug. 9, 2015, service began from Portland (PDX). On Nov. 22, 2015, flights will start service from Kansas City (MCI) and St. Louis (STL). OCair.com
Anaheim Resort Transportation (ART) Opens New Route to Luxury Shopping Destination: South Coast Plaza defines the luxury shopping experience with high-end brands, personal shopping service and upscale amenities and is recognized internationally for its unparalleled retail collection and award-winning restaurants. RideArt.org
Great Wolf Lodge Southern California: Located two miles south of the Disneyland® Resort, California’s first Great Wolf Lodge® indoor water park resort is currently under construction. Located in The Grove District – Anaheim Resort, the new family entertainment hotel will offer 603 all-suite guest rooms and includes a three-acre indoor-outdoor waterpark, as well as extensive retail and family entertainment options. Additionally, there will be 22,000 square feet of event space. The hotel will begin accepting reservations in October 2015 and be open by early 2016. GreatWolf.com/southerncalifornia
Paséa Hotel & Spa: Situated on the corner of Pacific Coast Highway and First Street, Huntington Beach’s newest four-star luxury resort is now under construction. Paséa Hotel & Spa will provide 250 spacious guest rooms and suites, all with ocean views. Guests can unwind at the Balinese-style spa with indoor and outdoor treatments and an expansive courtyard with wood decks, cabanas, two pools and a Jacuzzi. Epicureans can enjoy a signature restaurant and rooftop deck bar with vast views of the Pacific Ocean. Paséa Hotel & Spa will accommodate meetings with 34,600 square feet of event space. The property is set for completion early 2016. PaseaHotel.com
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine/Orange County Airport: Opened in July 2015, this hotel is conveniently located near the 405 Freeway and within walking distance of the Irvine Business Complex. Guest perks include complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, 24-hour business center, a state-of-the-art fitness center, and an indoor pool. The hotel features 170 guest rooms and six meeting rooms offering more than 2,500 square feet of flexible meeting space.
The Stanford Hotel: With locations in New York and Seoul Korea, this popular boutique hotel concept will open its doors in Buena Park in 2016. The 10-story, 150-room property will offer visitors modern accommodations with luxurious amenities right in the heart of the Entertainment Zone, which features an array of dining, shopping and entertainment options.
Island Hotel Newport Beach: Island Hotel Newport Beach recently completed an 18-month transformation including a vibrant, new look, personalized services and an enhanced restaurant and social scene. IslandHotel.com
The Resort at Pelican Hill: This summer, the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Resort at Pelican Hill® debuted the Great Room Social Lounge and refreshed Caffè & Market. PelicanHill.com
Westin South Coast Plaza: This Costa Mesa property recently finished renovating and redecorating their 394 guest rooms, including 17 suites. WestinSouthCoastPlaza.com
DINING & SHOPPING
- Pacific City:Situated on 31 acres along beachfront property on Pacific Coast Highway is Huntington Beach’s newest shopping, dining, and lifestyle destination, Pacific City. Pacific City will capture the dynamic energy of Huntington Beach’s surf culture by curating unique retail and dining that appeals to visitors from across the globe. Pacific City will also include the 250-room Paséa Hotel & Spa and 516 luxury apartment homes. Set to open late summer 2015. com
- Lido Marina Village:Revitalizing 116,000 square feet of boutique, retail, restaurant and creative space, Lido Marina Village is currently undergoing a pedestrian-friendly transformation. The project will include 47-slip marina with docks and decks overlooking Newport Harbor. The collection will embody a “luxurious but laid back” style and all merchants will be indie concepts, run by experienced entrepreneurs. Set to be completed by July 2016.
- The Source:Opening in Buena Park in 2015, The Source is a 450,000 square foot urban center featuring world-class shopping, diverse dining options and cutting edge technology. The space is designed to reflect the digital energy of Times Square, the visual energy of Tokyo and the avant-garde of Seoul. Visitors will have the opportunity to see some of their favorite musical artists at the 2,000-seat performance venue presented by YG Entertainment. In 2016, phase two of the project will see the construction of a 150 all-suite hotel that will feature meeting space, dining and a roof-top pool and bar. com
- OC Mix: Orange County’s first modern food hall at SoCo in Costa Mesa, The OC Mix is home to locally owned specialty food spots and boutiques.com
- Lot 579: Opening up at Pacific City in Huntington Beach, Lot 579 will be an artisan market inspired by California cuisine, offer locally sourced food experiences, demonstration offerings, and unique retail all under one roof. GoPacificCity.com/lot-579
South Coast Plaza
- Celine: The acclaimed French luxury brand for women’s fashion and accessories arrives at South Coast Plaza this summer. The boutique will be divided into two salons: one for Celine’s signature handbags, leather goods, and accessories; the other for ready-to-wear and shoe collections.
- Langhe & Sohne:The luxury German watch brand currently celebrating 200 years of extraordinary craftsmanship has opened a beautiful boutique at South Coast Plaza.
- Moncler: The French luxury outdoor clothing and accessories brand, also arrives at South Coast Plaza this Summer. The boutique will feature collections for men, women, and accessories including Moncler Lunettes (sunglasses).
Knott’s Scary Farm®
After 40 years, Knott’s Berry Farm® has perfected the art of “scare” through this event — a 160-acre living horror movie filled with terrifying mazes, hair-raising shows, four scare zones and more than 1,000 monsters roaming in search of their next victim.Knotts.com
Halloween Time At Disneyland Resort®
September 11 – November 1
The entire park is transformed into a spook-tacular sensation with seasonal attractions, décor, activities, treats and of course Mickey’s Halloween Party Disneyland.disney.go
6th Annual Brew Haha Craft Beer Festival
One of Southern California’s biggest and most celebrated craft beer festivals! Most of the beer is served by off-duty Orange County Firefighters and raises thousands of dollars for the Fallen Fire Fighters Relief Fund, a non-profit organization that aids surviving spouses and children of Orange County Firefighters lost in the line-of-duty. Brewhahaproductions.com
Dapper Days at Disneyland Resort®
Dress your "Sunday best" while visiting both parks of the Disneyland Resort® with 20,000+ other fashionable guests! DapperDay.com
Fest of Ales
Fest of Ales is located in the heart of Downtown Anaheim and boasts 40+breweries, food pairings, live music and games.FestofAles.com
October 26–November 1
As the only official PGA Champions Tour in Orange County, this charity tournament in Newport Beach brings out golf’s biggest names.ToshibaClassic.com
November 21–December 20 (Weekends)
Festival grounds will be transformed into a winter wonderland where exhibitors create, display and sell original creations, such as jewelry, clothing, fused and blown glass, ceramics, woodwork, forged metals, painting, sculpture and more. SawdustArtFestival.org
Brew Ho Ho
Brew Ho Ho features an unprecedented lineup of limited release, seasonal, first release and holiday craft beers. BrewhahaProductions.com
Holiday Boat Parades
Three of Orange County’s beautiful beach cities light up with holiday spirit during their respective annual boat parades. From America’s longest running boat parade, the 107th Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade; to Dana Point’s IlluminOCean extravagant display of holiday spirit; and Huntington Harbour’s two parades showcasing brightly colored boats, decks, docks and homes; it’s no surprise why millions flock to the waterfront for this SoCal tradition each year.