Located in the neighborhood Woodgate Park, the Yorba Cemetery is one of the oldest cemeteries in Orange County. The cemetery was established on land originally part of Bernardo Yorba’s 13,000 acre Rancho Cañon de Santa Ana, the Canyon of Saint Anne, granted to him in 1834. After his death in 1858, Bernardo’s will deeded property to the Catholic Church containing the San Antonio Chapel and the cemetery. Residents of the Santa Ana Canyon, many of them descendants of pioneering rancho-era families, were buried at this cemetery from 1860 till the cemetery’s closure in 1939. Today, the Yorba Cemetery is a historical site operated by Orange County Parks.