The Ramon Peralta Adobe is located on land that once was part of the Rancho Santiago de Santa Ana. While the Peralta Adobe was not the oldest adobe built in the Santa Ana Canyon, it is the only one still standing in the canyon today. The Peralta Adobe contains a small museum featuring the history of the Santa Ana Canyon from the first Spanish explorers to the area in 1769 to the present. Historical exhibits are available for public viewing including artifacts excavated on site and a timeline mural. A furnished period room and numerous photographs tracing the history of the first settlers to the canyon are on exhibit.