Orange County Great Park
The innovative spirit of The OC is embodied in the Orange County Great Park, where the City of Irvine, California is creating the first great metropolitan park of the 21st century.
The Orange County Great Park is a place where people (and their pets!) can come together to play, learn, be entertained, exercise, experience nature or simply relax, and all with every attention to sustainability, innovative energy and recycling and building materials sourced from historic military bases as they're broken down and remade into something entirely new.
Delicious food trucks, the Farmer's Market, Kid's Rock, The Great Park Carousel and The Great Park Balloon are only a few of the unique experiences that awaits guests from all over the world.
In August and September, the Great Park offers free concerts and dances, movies on the lawn, outdoor comedy shows and stargazing. Culinary classes are offered on weekends throughout the year.
The incredible size of New York's Central Park and Prospect Park combined, Orange County Great Park will ultimately include:
- Sports Facilities: Four tournament-quality soccer fields, two of which will be synthetic grass and lighted for evening use, four full-size basketball courts, a new restroom and operations facility building, as well as a mile-long health and fitness path.
- Visitors Center Pavilion: A new 4,700 square-foot Visitors Center Pavilion will replace the existing temporary Visitors Center. It will be the Great Park’s first new permanent building and feature a larger lobby, restroom facilities, concession area, and office space.
- Reflecting Pond and Viewing Pier: A reflecting pond and viewing pier near the entrance of the Great Park will connect to the Walkable Historical Timeline and link the South Lawn Sports + Fitness Complex with the Great Park Balloon.
- Walkable Historical Timeline: The Walkable Historical Timeline, which currently takes visitors on a 750-foot historical walk through history, will be expanded to reach a total of 2,604 feet and include more than 100 additional historical details.
- Community Garden: Adjacent to the existing Farm + Food Lab, the Community Garden will feature 99 plots, including six Americans with Disability Act-compliant plots.
Click here for:
*Make sure to call ahead to check wind and weather conditions for balloon rides (866) 829-3829.