10 AFFORDABLE THINGS TO DO WITH KIDS IN THE OC
From beaches to theme parks, here are some affordable fun options for the whole family.
1. 22 miles of Orange County beaches offer different terrain, white sand, waves, surfing, stand-up paddleboarding, boogie boarding and sun-tanning at your leisure.
2. Main Street in Huntington Beach is a central location for family shopping, casual eateries, farmers markets, holiday events and the world-famous Huntington Beach Pier.
3. Downtown Laguna Beach is just the place for some beach time with the kids and a little window shopping for grown-ups.
4. Whale Watching in Dana Point is offered year-round with some of the best whale watching in the fall and winter months. Visitors can cruise the coastline to see a diverse range of sea life in their natural habitats like blue whales, grey whales, dolphins, birds and local fish.
5. La Vida Laguna provides group kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding and guided tours, perfect for families wanting to experience the Laguna Beach coast with local experts.
6. Duffy boating around Newport Beach Harbor is a popular way for families and friends to relax and cruise around. It’s so easy, even kids can do it!
7. Discovery Cube OC is located near Disneyland and is funded by the Discovery Science Foundation. A low-cost admission price gives families a chance to experience multiple interactive exhibits revolving around learning.
8. Mission San Juan Capistrano was founded in 1776 and serves as Orange County’s only Mission, preserved in time. With a modest admission price and exciting modern programming, the Mission is always worth a visit.
9. Pretend City in Irvine is designed for children to learn how the real world works. The museum is a child-sized city where children can assume various real-world roles. Through interactive exhibits and activities, children learn foundational math, reading and science skills while fostering curiosity, creativity, critical thinking, problem-solving, and teamwork.
10. Adventure City in Anaheim is a little theme park with that’s big on family fun. Just a $20 admission allows entrance to this mini amusement park for younger kids. With numerous rides, attractions, food vendors, a miniature train and a petting zoo, families can spend an easy and exciting day of fair fun without breaking the bank.