Experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance in 2020 at Disneyland Park
The galaxy where Star Wars took place isn’t really that far, far away after all. In fact, you can experience it up close and personal when Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance makes its debut at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim on January 17, 2020.
Located within Disneyland’s innovative Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge theme park, this newest attraction promises to be one of the most progressive experiences in Disneyland’s 64-year history. Instead of a single ride, it’s a series of multiple adventures and interactive experiences that include a full-size transport shuttle, a daring mission, a fierce battle and plenty of Stormtroopers all fueling space travel fantasies while blurring the line of reality.
Those brave enough to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance should expect the unexpected, including:
- Joining the Resistance and departing from Batuu in your very own transport ship to meet General Leia Organa at a secret rendezvous point. The journey takes an unexpected turn when it’s intercepted and captured by the First Order.
- Once captured, the transport ship is drawn into the hangar bay of a Star Destroyer and guests must plot their escape from the clutches of Kylo Ren and the First Order.
- The experience is enhanced when coming face-to-face with some famous and infamous Star Wars characters, including Resistance heroes Rey, Poe and Finn, as well as Kylo Ren and General Hux of the First Order.
- Another thrilling encounter includes a frenzied race in a trackless ride vehicle through a Star Destroyer complete with an onboard droid that reacts to its surroundings.
- You’ll also experience the sensation of falling from space and crash landing on Batuu.
Star Wars; Rise of the Resistance makes history as one of Disney’s largest attractions to date. Housed in a massive structure, the fortress contains two full-sized AT-AT walkers, a Star Destroyer hangar bay complete with a TIE fighter and an army of Stormtroopers. Of course, once the transport safely docks, guests can purchase Star Wars collectibles, make a customized lightsaber, or even sip Galactic-inspired cocktails within the theme park.
So, as you prepare to embark on the newest attraction debuting at Disneyland Resort, Star Wars, Rise of the Resistance, remember: Fear is the path to the dark side. And, with that said…may the force be with you.